At the middle station Maienberg there is the opportunity to take a break and restore your strength in the two restaurants. In good snow conditions the track leads down into the valley and is then with in total seven kilometres length one of the longest sledging tracks in Eastern Switzerland.
The lower part is sophisticated and only recommendable for advanced sledge riders. Those who want to skip this part can go by cable car from the middle station Maienberg.
Rest StopBerghotel Alpina
Tips and hintsWinter season
The winter season usually lasts from 10th December to 2nd April.
Lighting at night
Friday until 3rd March a night sledging is organised on the track Furt – Maienberg.
EquipmentRental of sledges
Sledges can be rented on site: Sportshop Wachter, Pizol
Basic Equipment for Sledding
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
Technical Equipment for Sledding
- Sled with tow strap
- Trail ‘spike’ crampons are useful on ascent
- Ski Helmet recommended when sledding through heavily wooded areas
- Ski goggles if required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.