Experience seven peaks on one tour. The mountain railway makes the climbs a little easier. This leaves you enough time and leisure to enjoy the unique views over the St. Gallen, Grison, Glarus and Central Swiss mountain kingdom.
The tour begins with a tranquil gondola journey up Flumserbeg Tannenbodenalp. Flumserberg, previously a renowned whey-based spa, has been increasingly developing into a popular skiing and hiking resort since its first ski-lift was built in 1945. Floating up to the Maschgenkamm puts you in the right mood for the panoramic tour that awaits.
At the Maschgenkamm mountain station (at 2020m), the wonderful and safe arête hike begins, which will take you over seven peaks. In sequence: 1) Ziger, 2) Leist, 3) Rainissalts, 4) Gulmen, 5) Cuncels, 6) Chli Güslen, 7) Grosser Güslen. It is recommended that you ensure you have enough time to really make the most of the constantly changing landscape.
Views centre on the high alpine backdrop of the Grison, Glarus and Central Swiss Alps along with the local mountain ranges and pastures. A splendid view of the Walensee makes for a splendid conclusion of the tour.
Flumserberg Tannenbodenalp can be reached via Unterterzen station with the gondola lift or via Flums with the post-bus.
Snow can still be present in shaded areas in July.
Heidiland Tourismus AG
Tel: +41 (0)81 720 18 18
Fax: +41 (0)81 720 18 19
Internet: www.heidiland.com, www.flumserberg.ch
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.